Friday, September 19, 2008

I want to kick something

But I won't. Because unlike other people I know, I'll at least try to be a good girl, and not do everything I want just for the attention and drama that will probably ensue. I'll limit myself to evil thoughts, like thinking how kicking someone's butt might satisfy my enraged self. Seriously.

You can probably tell I'm pretty ticked off. Because I am really really really really really really really ticked off. Mostly at almost all the people in ninth grade, and a little bit at me for being a hypocrite, but I'll tuck that sucky guilt aside so I can rant a bit with an-almost-cleared conscience. *Apologizes for complaints/whining/ranting beforehand, I just needed to get this out...*

*clears throat* So. Why are people so shallow? Why are people so selfish? Why do I get so easily annoyed by people at this school than any I've ever attended? Why do people want me to suffer because a) I get decent grades b) I'm (notice the quotes) "too f* tall" (that in itself deserves a grr from me) c) I get decent grades d) I can speak English so well (?!?!) e) I get decent grades? Why are grades so freakishly important here? Why is it fair that I'm the one they want to suffer, when I'm suffering enough already?!!!

GGGGAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

Remember Girl2 from that post on WordPress I made a while ago? Well, she can really get on my nerves sometimes (although sometimes she's really nice and fun to talk to, but...gahhhh!!!) She's basically the one that wants me to suffer. This is basically what happened, more or less:

Her: Nooo!! I got a B- on my essay...This sucks...
Me: Yeah....
Her: What did you get?
Me: You're just going to get mad at me. Like you always do. Why do you get mad at me anyway, if I get a better grade than you? (*Adds silently in head: Which is really, intolerably stupid of you, and I hope you realize it sooner rather than later.*)
Her: (*Whatever*) Whatever.
Me: Fine. I got an A. Happy?
Her: Nooo!! Ugh, I hate you. Why can't you suffer like the rest of us? I hope you get a bad grade on your next essay...
Me: (*Is silently experiencing rage, wondering what is this girl's problem...*) Um... (*Walks away to locker*)
Her: (*Follows, acts all mad, tugs on my shirt*) You're so mean. How could you get an A?!
Me:
Her: (*Squinty eye, frowns*)
Me:

And that's only ONE of the things that's ticked me off today. The other things also included people getting all "OMGahhhh" over grades, it was seriously way over-the-top.

People can be so....dramatic. (And that's saying a lot, coming from the "Drama Queen" herself. ;)

Oh, and one girl cried because she was getting verbally abused over getting the highest grade in one of our classes. And the person who was bullying her acted like she was the victim. And then all her *friends* just started grinning and laughing, not really knowing what to do, so they just went along with her...

Sigh. I'm the hugest hypocrite for not speaking up when I should, and just sitting there like a dunce, silent as usual. I'm really mad: at all those hypocritical girls and at all those hypocritical ME. Ugghlahness. Seriously.

4 comments:

Q said...

Next time, stick up for that girl. Here's what you say:

*them being mean*

You: Hey! Cut it out! She obviously studied harder than you did or she's just naturally better at it, and either way, putting her down isn't going to make your grade any better.

Tell me how it goes. And find some smart people to be friends with. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry if this offends you or anything, but I must say that Girl2 sounds like she has issues. Just because you're better at school than her makes her mad? What's up with that?

It stinks when people get mad at you for getting a better grade than them. Personally, I just say that "I did all right" and then refuse to explain exactly what I meant. It sometimes works.

Rebecca Joy said...

Q- the thing is, the girl is in ESL, and that's basically why everyone was so shocked. But then, of course the teachers grade ESL students differently than non-ESL students, and I was thinking Can't these people see that maybe she got the highest grade because of her EFFORT? So yeah, but I know that doesn't excuse me from being silent...

And I think my school is lacking *smart* people in my school (sorry for the harshness, but I really think it's true). No locals will speak to me because I'm from the *English-speaking-international-school*

And guess what? Basically everyone in the ninth grade wants more free time to rest, basically recess. They had it in eighth grade, apparently. I was speechless. Recess? What recess? Aren't you supposed to NOT have free time in high school (except for, like, study hall). And you already get recess like three times a week right before lunch, during homeroom. You get to go outside. You get to hang out with each other while I just stand there. Isn't that enough rest time??

Spider- doesn't offend me at all. And I really do think she has some personal issues, like with family and maybe inferiority problems, etc (she even sort of admitted that to me once...)

Anyway, I'm sorry for the extra rant, but I don't know where else to let it out, cause I just needed some opinions/support/"just stuck it up and deal with it" kind of remarks from people outside my situation. And thanks for putting up with me. :)

Q said...

Hey, if we didn't want to read what you have to say, we wouldn't be here. :)